View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Trevor.......Your friend picked the wrong time to figure this problem out. This should have been noted at the beginning of the shopping spree. It is quite possible that Klipsch does not manufacture the subwoofer cable. It is probably a Chinese supplier making the cable to Klipsch specs and is likely the reason no custom lengths are available. If the connectors on the cable are removable, perhaps a custom length can be fabricated using bulk cable.
We were able to get one of the last sets made in the USA! Unfortunately the dealer told us that the cable was 10m and so we went ahead with the purchase. Now he doesn't want to know us. I have not seen those connector before so doubt I could get someone like Wire World to make up a cable. Klipsch themselves said no! I can probably take the connector apart and do it myself but I'd rather not.
Trevor's Home Theatre: McIntosh MX121, McIntosh MC601, McIntosh MC207, McIntosh MLD7020, OPPO BDP95, JVC DLA950, Stewert Screen Studio Tek 130G3, B&W 802D2, B&W HTM2D2, B&W DS8, Klipsch KL 525, Velodyne DD15, WireWorld & IsoTek Cables