View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 01:46 PM

Default Bryston bdp-3 Sweet Streamer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
Well, just ask yourself which is more important, a slick interface or sound quality. I read where either you or someone else had an Aurender, but traded it for the BDP-3. Remember, with the BDP-3, you have a fully functional interface and pristine sound quality. The sound quality and ease of use of the interface is the most important priority. A "slick" interface will increase the cost of this product when, in fact, the interface is unimportant when one considers the sound quality.

I think “slick interface” is oversimplifying the issue. For starters we need an interface that doesn’t require opening a computer with large screen to browse my collection in the tiny bottom right corner of a web page that keeps losing its place while fighting multiple scroll bars.

Once you are used to a native app like Tidal or Spotify (regardless if you are a desktop or mobile user) the Bryston way seems very cumbersome. There are programming interfaces like Tidal Connect and Spotify Connect that they should look into. This is what the leading competitors use.

Last edited by AVfile; 02-21-2021 at 03:17 PM.