View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 09:25 PM

The pair of Pope6V6 GT’s arrived today and seem to be in good condition, including the boxes (looks almost brand new). At first, I was alarmed to see 7 pins since I’m so used to seeing 8 pins for the all of the 6SN7’s I’ve acquired, but a little googling put my mind at ease. In fact, I learned that some of the more recent 6v6 tubes have 6 pins.

Two questions:

The seller said it wasn’t cryo’d but the Upscale Sticker on the box says “Cryogenically Treated”. I recall speaking to an Upscale sales person when I initially got my CBS Hytron 5692’s and he said that they have different stickers to describe the grade of the tube. So for example, the original Zalytron box does not say cryogenically treated but it does say Kevin’s Stash, which is supposed to be their cream of the crop and would have indicated it on the sticker if it was cryo’d. Therefore, it is safe to assume that the seller mis-remembered this and it is in fact cryo’d?

The measurement label mentions 1960’s tube. Is is possible to gauge a more specific date (or at least the year). Only ask because I’m a date nerd.

Totally unrelated but is there a certain point in time (or posts), where replies on this thread, are posted immediately and don’t need a moderator to go through them?

Amp is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday!