View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmd2010 View Post
I am actually running Mac electronics with my speakers. I know that they are a significant weakness in my system. I have heard delightful combinations with boulder, the 2160 and the 2150 monos. I have heard them with momentum’s. I have heard them with spectral. I have heard them with soulution.

Every single one of these is spectacular. Spectral is ultra detailed and refined. Boulder is big and commanding but also transparent. Momentum’s have a buttery midrange to die for. Soulution does it all.

I have a friend with q7s. He has had every electronic under the sun, including all the above. He says by far the best sound he has heard is with the gryphon memphisto monos.

Thank you very much for all of that info, extremely helpful. I know that everyone’s tastes and opinions are different and the real life applications vary greatly depending on the room, cables power etc.

I know the best solution is to listen to all the options myself but you might have a Magico dealer that is not a soulutions or boulder dealer and vice versa.

I also have the option of sticking with my Bryston 28B3 monos. Decisions decisions.