View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Semi-audiophile

Still considering whether to put Venom HCs on my MC501 amps. Not because I need them but I'm curious about the sound and if it would be different from the WW 5.2 Electras I have now. The same curiosity exists about the Kimber PK10s. If I went with something else the question would be what to do with the Electras; I think they're too good to sit idle. I have one idea, which is to chain them via WW's adaptor and if they don't quite get to the wall I'd keep the Venom extension in place. That's extra length (6m vs. 5m), but that's okay. Or chain one Electra to the Stratus already in use, eliminating the extension. All this must be considered in light of an expensive vacation, about $1700 total, plus the real possibility of having to replace my home printer. While in Texas I came across a dealer who sold both Kimber and Shunyata, but he was appointment only and I wasn't in a position to wait for a return call to set up one, and certainly not for a power cord. Again, this is more about efficiency and clutter reduction, but if the sound improves as a result, that's fine too.

Meantime I got some shorter HDMI cables for a reconfig with my VP just before leaving for the holidays. I have ideas on that, too.

Maybe I'll work on things or at least decide some things and make progress before returning to work Monday.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks