View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
You are giving us a lot of information with a lot of dfferent components and PCs. It would help if you made a diagram showing the physical layout of the room with accurate scale locations of racks, power conditioners and the location of the outlets.

Then give a more clear understanding of what you want to achieve.

Some wide-angle photos of the room and eq might help also.

Perhaps deal with the signal cables separately as this is complicated.

cg
Hello Mr. Gabriel,

What I really want to do is streamline my cord setup and in the most practical, affordable way possible. This is not about sound, really, but about efficiency and reducing clutter. I am in the midst of a massive clean-up and don't have any current photos. I do have some pre-clean-up ones from a few months back and earlier, and am a bit embarrassed with them because I hadn't dusted in a long time and it's an old building so dust gathers quickly, especially around electronics. Nevertheless, I've attached a few.

I had thought it might be good to have both Furman units (on the bottom shelves of the center rack) with the same brand of cord. Currently the Elite bottom right) is connected to the SPR via a 2m PS Audio (it's the one on the floor, looping out from the pack in the rear shot of the system). That's much too long. The easy thing would be to get another WW Stratus since that's what is on the SPR, but your gracious, helpful presence on this forum has me thinking about Shunyata cords, and whether I should get perhaps a Venom/Venom HC for the SPR to use with the Venom extension already in place, or use my 25 ft. extension and move up to a Viper. I don't know which of those options, as a practical matter, is better (I do think the longer extension cord defeats the purpose or reducing clutter, however). Perhaps you'd have ideas on that.

I also made a PDF of an old floor layout of the living room. This is a one bedroom apartment so space is limited. The room is 14 x 18.5. The black boxes are where the wall plugs are. The one the system is plugged into is just to the right of the rack in the last photo and on the left wall in the PDF.

I have some velcro strips to use for the interconnects, and that will help some. I also want to go from 6' runs of speaker cable to 4'. I won't be doing all this at once, as there are too many other expenses to contend with in the coming months, but I'd like to start, at least.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0114.jpg (80.6 KB, 498 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0107.jpg (92.8 KB, 512 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0108.jpg (93.3 KB, 490 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0117.jpg (90.2 KB, 495 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0118.jpg (94.6 KB, 506 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0094.jpg (92.2 KB, 433 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf apt layout.pdf (48.9 KB, 30 views)
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks