View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_v View Post
I hear you... I am OCD like that too and would be very leary of sticking with the 4ohm if I knew the 8ohm improved certain aspects of the sound. But I also agree that sometimes whatever sounds better and gets you to listen to more music is probably the best and more ideal setting.

Regarding my 802 Diamonds, I am really beginning to get them dialed in. A fellow AA came by my place today to check them out and may buy them. We have not yet decided completely. If we choose to proceed with the sale and purchase of the 802 diamond, then I will be getting a "next level" speaker for myself.

The first up will be a Strad. And then the next will probably be another diamond, would really love to own an 800 diamond at some point in my audio hobby.
Joey your first sentence is the driving issue. We spend thousands and thousands of dollars on our hobby, where others find our passion hard to understand and even unjustifiable. We get it but lots don't. Even wives in most cases
But you are right, the knowledge of knowing one or the other delivers superior performance in even just certain aspects is hard to reconcile in my brain. That is the core issue. So I'm going to approach this as suggested and keep record my thoughts over a solid week, then do my best to stay with the connection provides the most pure listening pleasure.

A bit surprised to hear you may be selling your 802's in such a short time but realize the need to get it 100% right. I've been through my Electrostatic phase several years ago with Martin Logan SL3's, back to boxes Hales T8's, (all time favorite and most expensive at $10K but that was in 20000), a pair of Klipsch a LONG time ago, etc. This is my first Bowers experience and I've been very impressed even at the CM level. I really want to move up to at least 803's but ideally 802's.