Thread: MC611 Club
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagelJoe View Post
I haven't subscribed yet so no pics. Loving the Mc611/C1100 combo with the Aerial 10T's I've owned over 20 years. Decided to upgrade the turntable instead of new speakers as the Aerials sounded great. Maybe B&W 800's next year.

My question relates to the two choices below. Both available in town with installation.

1) Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with Clearaudio Universal 9" tonearm and Clearaudio Jubilee Panzerholz MC cartridge.

<snip>

Thanks in advance for any feedback from users on either choice.
I have owned the very Clearaudio combination that you considering for over a half year and to that I am able to speak. I have found it to be an outstanding analog front end with impeccable build quality. Great speed/pitch constancy, "pace", and very quiet with a black ground when the vinyl is up to it. The Jubilee MC tracks very well with a high degree of fidelity to the music. Not atypical of many cartridges, it takes roughly 75 hours of playing time to let the cartridge settle in and sweeten (with no loss of detail) to its final voice. I have found that a loading of 400 ohm at a recommended stylus force of 2.8 g optimum. Sound stage is wide, deep and musically detailed. The quality of the Universal Arm and the cantilever configuration relative to the cartridge body makes accurate queuing very easy. All three pieces (table, arm, cartridge) coming from the same manufacturer results in excellent synergy, IMHO. Be sure to include in the purchase the Outer Limit Locator accessory and a suitable record clamp to obtain a secure vinyl disk clamping system. Highly recommended.

Hope this is of help. Good luck and happy listening with whatever you choose.

Bob
Sources: ClearAudio Jubilee MC/ClearAudio Innovation Wood TT w/Universal Arm 9”; MCT500 CD/SACD transport; OPPO 205; NAD C446 Internet Tuner; Nakamichi 670ZX cassette deck. Electronics: MacIntosh C2700 preamp w/DA2 and MC462 power amp. Speakers: Wilson Yvettes Headphones: MacIntosh MHP 1000 Interconnects: Transparent G5 balanced and speaker cables; MCT - MCT500 -> C2700.Power cords: Transparent (on preamp, power amp and transport). Surge protected. Record and CD maintenance : Kirmuss KA-RC-1 ultrasonic. L’Art du Son CD treatment.

Last edited by Bob Bubeck; 03-01-2021 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Update info.