View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 08:42 AM
Semi-audiophile

Anyway, the Venom 3s is on the TV and at first I thought, not much difference. But I think it's begun to open up more. And the sound seems to be more dimensional, meaning sound beyond the speaker borders. This seems to happen more often than it did with the WW that was there before. I'd need to listen/watch more familiar material to evaluate this, but I'm not much one for critical evaluations. I'd rather listen normally and if I notice anything then, it's meaningful.

Meantime, the WW Stratus (5.2) that was on the TV is now on the tuner, replacing a PS Audio Jewel. Preliminary indications are it has done something similar for the tuner. Sound itself is about the same, but it seems to have more dimension to it. This is listening to NPR mostly. I'll have to try stations that play more music.

This doesn't help my clutter issue, but the performance changes I perceive are nice. I would have to replace everything with shorter power cables (say 4 ft.) and the dilemma there is an unnecessary expense versus helping things look neater. We'll also see if the WW cables become problematic for bundling.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks