View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80B View Post
No way you'd get that here - we've got a number of gators in the pond behind the house and boss-girl has become quite attached to them. Part of her nature photography.

This little one was sunning outside the kitchen window the other day. The great blue herons, egrets and other wading birds will oftentimes stand at a surprisingly close, but safe, distance.

Enjoy all the same!

They are indeed interesting to look at, but photo Op's don't tell the full story. They'll eat every domestic pet you've got without a single gator tear and them some.

Down in my neck of the woods they are plentiful and too often aggressive with some reaching scary, enormous size. You have to trust me, I have direct experience with them.

FWIW, down in St. Aug I know you understand where I'm coming from. We had a gent in the next town here killed by a gator after Ida in his front yard. Took over a week to track the animal down and find his remains inside.

They are no way even close to being on the endandered list like they had been a few years back.
And BTW, the sausage wasn't that great afterall.

The Hogshead Cheese we had from the same company the night before was by far superior. Have no way to attest how many swine lost their lives to provide that meal. But I venerate each and every one of them.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)

Last edited by FreddieFerric; 12-19-2021 at 01:32 AM.