View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
I suggest you try the re-animated Classe group, now owned by Sound United and run by the original top management. (N.B.: This is not United Radio.)

PM me if you need help.
The message from B&W that I quoted above was in response to the "Customer Repair Request Form" I submitted through the Sound United website! When I tried calling Sound United, they refused to connect me to anyone, insisting I use that form.

So they certainly seem to have written their older products and customers off.

Once the company changed ownership, I expected that they might not honor the lifetime warranty, and that I would need to pay for the repairs, and I was OK with that. But to be given the total brush-off? That's a whole different kettle of fish. I can guarantee that Classé has seen the last of me as a customer. And it should give anyone considering a purchase of their products serious cause for concern...

Thanks for your kind offer of assistance! Since my original post, a former Classé dealer in NY recommended a local repair shop, but it was too late to call them today. If they can't do the work, I'll be in touch.