View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 04:15 PM
Aspiring Audiophile

Default Question about Audio Impact of Projector Screen

Our basement build is nearly complete! We are having stacked stone on the wall behind the left center and right channels, which should be done in the next few weeks.

Projector screen will be on the wall as well - which will either be my manually rolled up DaLite screen (OK for now), or I've found a nice 120" fixed screen which could work as well.

My key question stems as I use my setup for 50% 2 channel music, and 50% home theater.

Does having a fixed screen centered, behind the main speakers have a negative impact on two channel sound?

If I continue with the roll-up screen, I can roll it up during listening sessions and the rear wall would act as a diffuser with the stacked stone.

Would having a fixed screen be bad for the sound, imaging, sound stage, etc?

I prefer the "look" of the fixed screen, but don't want to do this at the expense of sound quality.
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW