View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 06:38 PM

Default That One Extra Inch Of Toe In

One teenie weenie inch...and it can make A LOT of difference.

Backstory: In my old (smaller) audio room I had been fortunate enough to have my Canton's set up to where they seemed to disappear in the room and just let the music flow. And I was happy. Except...

I wanted more space, more air and certainly more cubic feet of space. So, after much negotiating with the boss, I was finally able to move into a larger room with much taller ceilings. (Pics of all that to come once the MC 1502 arrives)

I've been in here since the late summer ('21) and while I really love everything about the new room and setup versus the old room, I still haven't been able to recreate the Canton disappearing act.

I kept thinking I need more room treatments or bass traps, or something else. Then today I decided I wanted to rearrange the audio racks a bit. Just move some components around and give the setup a differnent vibe.

As I sat in my listening chair taking in the view I started to think; maybe if I went with just one more inch of toe in how would that work?

That one inch is all it took. Stunning! I've got my disappearing act back and couldn't be happier!

So just remember, sometimes all it takes is that one teenie weenie inch to make a huge difference.

Of course it could also be destructive, so...YMMV.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)