View Single Post
Old 06-28-2023, 10:51 AM

Hello All. I’m a little late to the party with regard to Add-Powr products but I’d just like to echo the comments by Vintage Pete in his review and evaluation of the Wizard. After much discussion with Masterlu, and you’re probably aware of his thoughts on these devices, I decided to take the plunge. I can only speak for myself, but each and every recommendation Ivan has given me brought great improvement to my system. The Wizard arrived promptly but it sounded like “a screw was loose” within the unit. I reached out to Bill Stierhout, the man behind the curtain who designed and built these units. Bill was responsive and talked me through the issue that was literally only a loose screw on the chassis. He initially offered several generous remedies but all I wanted was to hear this in my system! (Not only is Ivan at the top of the customer service ladder, the people behind the gear he recommends are too). The Wizard just plugs into the wall….. That’s it. I’m sure everyone reading this knows that but the utter simplicity bears repeating. The effects are immediate and once heard, won’t be easy to do without. For me, it was another level of “realism”. Everything just sounds more vivid and natural. The soundstage became larger and even more independent from the speakers than I had heard it before. The effects increased after a few days with the Wizard being powered up. Well worth the investment for me. A 30 day return window eliminates the risk but I can now see why they never get sent back.

I was so impressed with the Wizard I took another leap and purchased a Symphony I/O. This is a USB and Ethernet signal “Harmonizer”. It does for the digital signal what the Wizard does for the power in your system. Bill Stierhout tried to explain it to me. I say he tried because my scientific background in this area is quite limited. I’m not in the “show me the measurements” crowd. I’m only interested in how it sounds. The I/O stands for In/Out and is implemented like a switch. The sense of realism and natural presentation increased again for digital. I couldn’t be happier with these devices and will keep an eye out for additional products from Coherence/Add-Powr. Put simply, they just work. Thanks Bill! And thank you to Ivan!