View Single Post
Old 02-23-2022, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbucks5 View Post
I'm sorry that I'm such a newbie with streaming. I don't even know what you mean by 'handle my files'. I ripped all my CDs to FLAC on my desktop PC. Then I transferred the FLAC files to my MS750 via the Web interface using a wired connection from my PC to my MS750.

Basically I just want to use mi iPad to search my MS replacement for my FLAC files on that replacement. And send the decoded file to my MDA. I want to be able rip CDs on my PC as before and upload them to the new device either by USB stick or wirelessly from my PC. I'd like to see cover art like on my MS, but that's not a deal breaker.

Is there a reason I wouldn't want an autonomics something or other if that's the core of an MB100 or MS500? At least they are cheap if they fail as compared to the equivalent Mc piece.
With the MS750 it's software was handling the files by offering you what was available, providing cover art, and playing what you selected. Similar to what iTunes does on a computer.

Roon is one alternative. As I suggested its available on the Small Green Computer i5 or other devices including many laptops etc. Once you start Roon you tell it where your files are located and it will organize them and provide much more capability than the MS750. You then can use your iPad, iPhone, laptop etc to select what you want to play, create playlists, and find music similar to what you have been playing and offer those tracks.

It really works well if you pay for ether Tidal or Qobuz streaming services as it combines your FLAC files with those files you have selected to tag from those services and shows them all to you on one screen. It sounds much more daunting than it is. Here is a short Youtube Video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOz8G-y79Rc