View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 12:56 AM

Default Power cord upgrade rotation and other changes

The last couple weeks have been interesting. I was recently invited over to a coworker's house to hear his setup. He runs a McIntosh MA7200/Sonus Faber Sonetto V/Rega P8.

He powers the Mac integrated with a Venom NR 10. When I went over, I brought my amplifier's Alpha V2 for him to try. To say he was impressed was an understatement. The Mac really responded well to the higher-tier cord. Naturally, he wanted one.

I texted Ivan and ordered 3 Alpha NR V2's, one for my coworker and 2 more for my setup. I figured I'd rotate the older stuff out, move the V2 Delta's to ancillary components and go a tier up for the main components. I offered my 2 v1 Delta NR's to him for a great price and he took me up on the offer.

While I was waiting for the Alpha V2's to arrive, I ordered a Hifi tuning Supreme 3 fuse to try out on my Mola Mola Tambaqui. I found it to be an immediate improvement. To use a John Darko-ism, "better tonal color". I ordered 2 more for the mains fuses on my Parasound JC2 BP preamp and JC5. Another positive incremental improvement. I did some reading, found Greg Weaver's write-up from Positive Feedback from 2011. In my opinion, his review is spot-on.

Today, the Alpha V2's arrived and were installed to my preamp and DAC. My Delta NR v2's were moved to my phono preamp and Sbooster power supply which feeds my Roon Nucleus.

I'm loving the improvement. The Delta V2's are great but stepping up to all Alpha V2's for my main components is a real step up. More "space", smoother w/o a loss of detail or extension.

Thanks Ivan! Much appreciated.

Last edited by ChrisMag; 05-04-2022 at 12:58 AM.