View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 05:16 PM
Semi-audiophile

The journey continues.

I have a friend from church who, like me, is a musical omnivore. I was amazed to discover that she's a heavy metal fan. A few months back we had a Zoom session, trading tracks back and forth. She shared a couple of metal tracks, and while I didn't get into them too far, I was able to latch on to the rhythm section of each and some serious butt was being kicked. I had just discovered Metallica, and ordered the blu-ray of their S&M 2 concert with the San Francisco Symphony on the strength of my burgeoning familiarity with "Enter Sandman." She's set to come over in 3 weeks for a music night; Metallica will be on the playlist, of course.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks