View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 02:49 PM
Racing Hoopties

I recently redid the setup for the Strads and have found a position which allows them to play low and tight down to 40-50Hz. That allowed me to move the Xover to 45Hz and has tightened things even more.

The second sub helped create one wave front left to right - so better ‘balance’.

Future work — With the rear port of the Strads plugged, I THINK, I might be able to run them full range and use the Xovers on each sub to feather them in ~ 40-50Hz. That would obviate the need for the JL Audio CR-1 crossover which might add some sonic benefits from the simplicity that results.

I am always thinking about what might be next. I still haven’t completed the upgrade of my SilenZio. While the NETCard XE brings benefits, the HDPlex 300 LPSU and DC-ATX power system hasn’t worked out. Currently waiting for a replacement 300w LPSU to try that again. Goal is to power both the NetCard AND my motherboard/SSD from the linear power supply. That will brings benefits.

My purchase of a i7 CPU has been impacted by the global chip shortage. The Intel chip ordered was cancelled by the vendor and now shows as unavailable. That will keep me on Windows 7. I wanted the i7 to load Win 10.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack