View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 08:14 AM

HI Folks,

The latest issue of Absolute Sound Magazine has a very detailed review on our Bryston BDA3.14 DAC/Streamer/Preamplifier by Steven Stone.

Please see the summary in the attached memo.

You can read the complete review in the October issue of the Absolute Sound Magazine.

james

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston 3.14 DAC/STREAMER/PREAMP

Setember, 2020

Summary
Since high-performance audio became “a thing,” audio manufacturers have come and gone. Many have been short-lived establishments offering “bleeding-edge” performance with equally short warrantees on products with limited lifespans. Bryston is different. Because Bryston’s roots were in pro audio, where long-term reliability is crucial to success, longevity has always been part of Bryston’s DNA. No other audio firm offers a 20-year warranty and is still around to honor it. This is one of the reasons that audiophiles seeking high-value components have embraced Bryston gear since 1976. As an example, I have employed five Bryston Powerpac 120 monoblock power amplifiers in various applications and systems (including P.A. and subwoofer) for nineteen years, and they are still functioning within spec as far as I know and still under warranty if by chance one does go down. That’s value.

The Bryston BDA-3.14’s goal was to offer a similar level of overall performance as the BDA-3, while adding streaming options and a volume control, and upping cost by a mere $400. I think it was successful. And if I were in the market for a new DAC, with the intention of keeping it as long as possible, the BDA-3.14 would be a prime candidate for acquisition.

The BDA-3.14 is a first-class component that could be the center of a high-performance digital audio system—maybe even yours.

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 09-21-2020 at 08:17 AM.