View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
So, who's in charge of this company now. Sound United or United Radio?

Kal says it's the former. Have you reached out to them yet?

http://soundunited.com/

Their site lists Classe' as one of their brands.

Good luck and keep us informed.
Yes, Sound United owns Classé.

When I went to SoundUnited.com -> Our Brands -> Classé, it took me to the ClasseAudio.com website. On the Classé website I went to "Service & Support" -> "Equipment Repair". The Equipment Repair page offers phone #s and email addresses for the United Kingdom, Hong Kong & Canada. But for "North American Customers & Dealers" it says: "fill out one of the following Repair Request Forms, made available by B&W Group USA", but offers NO phone # or email address. So I called the Sound United main phone #, as I wanted to speak with someone. They refused to connect me, stating that the only way to interact with Classé repair was through that form. So I filled it out & submitted it. I received back the email I quoted in full in my original post. Apparently, the B&W repair dept. is tasked with repairing Classé products, and they seem to be confused about who owns the company, which hardly inspires confidence.

After I received that email, I again called the Sound United main phone #, and was again told no one would speak with me.

Kal Rubinson may well know how to "bypass all that", but one shouldn't need "insider information" in order to even speak with someone after having spent $7,000 on their product! (Which equates to over $10,000 in 2018 value.) That's not even remotely a "big-spender" cost these days (I remember when it was), but even if it was $100 I would expect to be treated with more respect than I received...

No, I did not call them today, as it seems clear to me that without Kal's assistance I will get nowhere with them. And although I may take him up on his offer, it shouldn't be necessary.