View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 01:02 PM

Thanks for share Ivan. To me vinyl is the way to go whether it’s vinyl from the golden days or the vinyl being released today as long as it’s AAA and by a long shot. Next best to me are my CD’s from the 80’s or a select few from the Audiophile labels.

CD’s after the 80’s started to be compressed and are now to a point of being over the top. Just check most of the DR levels of the Hi-Rez downloads. Most are in the DR level of -6 to -8. For example The Rolling Stones remastered CD’s or Hi-Rez downloads sound absolutely horrible IMHO. Compare any one of them to the original CD’s or the SACD’s from 2002 or CD’s from 1994. After that no bueno. There many, many more examples.

As always YMMV.

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.