View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 12:47 PM

While I don't use an Apple computer to access an NAS I have friends that do and they've mentioned it works well for them. Other than some uniquely Apple features it works almost the same as the PC version does.

I am running a Synology DS415+ which I purchased in May of 2015. Originally equipped with four (4) 1TB 7200 RPM SATA HDDs from Samsung, I have since upgraded all the drives to Samsung 2TB SSDs. Initial setup of the NAS was easily completed via Synology's website.

I can access my NAS using my Dell G7 17 laptop which is connected wirelessly to my network. The laptop performs as the Roon Core. I can also access my NAS wirelessly using an Android tablet. The tablet can be used to operate the Roon music software using their remote app.

Using Synology's website I have the power scheme set so that the NAS turns off just after Midnight each evening and powers back up around 5 AM. My laptop is synched to that schedule as well.

Good luck with your NAS choice.

Last edited by Yamaki; 06-25-2021 at 12:50 PM.