View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Hi Charles--looks beautiful. I have to confess that I don't understand the value of the Active XO relative to internal subwoofer controls, and I could not glean it from the Wilson site. What is your hope here? Thanks
Peter, the new unit has significantly improved my sound. I have a good friend whose name I can't mention. I asked about ancillary gear for subs, like cables, amps, crossovers, etc. I have found that these do make a huge difference to the overall quality of your sound. Not just the bass.

The Thor has no internal controls. It's just a massive woofer. I run low pass only at 30 Hz. Phase is set a zero. Mono. Balanced. Line In. High Pass is out. It was quite simple to adjust the overall volume. A properly tuned sub like a Thor improves the quality of the mids and treble.

I don't know why I didn't upgrade from the Watch Controller sooner. I have significantly improved my sound. Making the sub second class dies hard. I have told my friend who is very knowledgeable and has the money, and he has finally provided his subs the amps they need. Actually, the subs need at least the amplification as your mains.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 05-14-2022 at 02:52 PM.