View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 07:23 PM
George

Default Class D amplifiers

I am an old audiophile. Fifty years in the making and slowly gravitating towards tubes as I realized that musicality and natural presentation were more important than slam and details alone. But I have been methodical and consistent in my pursuit… and really happy that it has led me to the wonderful system to enjoy in my retirement.

I tend to be pretty on the cutting edge in most things over my life. But I admit that I greeted the Class D amp with great suspicion. I have kept my ear open about them… and heard the initial elation followed be criticism and adoption in mid-fi. I love where I am… no chance I am changing unless Audio Research comes out with a Reference 320s.

But I am still curious. In general you guys are knowledgeable and well healed enough to have a objective assessment of Class D.

So, who has tried it? Assessment?
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.