Thread: MvX upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 09:58 AM

Hi everyone. A New UK owner of a Momentum HD preamp and S250 power amp here!

I got a very good deal on a five month old, mint condition HD preamp (the original owner immediately had a change of heart and ordered a Relentless pre/power combination!

My dealer sent the Momentum S250 back to the States on 21st March and it arrived back in the UK, fully updated to MxV specification, Wednesday of this week. My dealer delivered it to me yesterday and as I Am still waiting for my balanced cables, the S250 is hooked up to my Conrad Johnson GAT2 preamp with my MIT Oracle MA-X single ended interconnects driving the S250 with the XLR adapters in place!

My front end is dCS Vivaldi full stack and speakers are TAD CR1MKII.

As I had not previously heard the S250 in pre-MxV mode, I can’t really compare the two and comment on any noticeable improvements.

All I will say, is that the new pre/power combination looks a million dollars and the sound with the CJ preamp is very refined, detailed and expansive!

The HD preamp is plugged Mo in and “burning-in” awaiting delivery of my balanced cables!

I thought a 45 day turn around from UK to USA shipping and back, with promised two-week turnaround at the D’Agostino factory, was worth sharing with you guys!

Regards,
Steve