Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
You're a better dancer than I am, surely. I'm much more a listener. Always have been. And never got as far as you have with skates, so it's even more impressive.

My weird audio joke aside, life is all about how it's lived and for what purpose. Your backward-skating dude has a point. You lose if you don't get up. Notice I said "don't," not "can't." And your point about age being a non-factor is true as well. Two of my better friendships are with women who each could be my daughter. Common ground is what brings us together; both relationships started in church as a result of Sunday school (I teach adults and young adults at my church). I was a bit amazed that either wanted to be friends, but both friendships have proven to be rich experiences. Wouldn't trade them.
prepress, you have hit it on the head. That's what AA is all about. My music and gear wouldn't be ten percent without my AA buddies. Same with skating or church. Who wants to skate in an empty rink or a church devoid of people?

Best

Charles

p.s. I'll be lacing up at about 8:10 pm cst tomorrow. I expect I'll do it next to Chris. He is so good. His skates are identical to mine in every respect, except the toe stops. He's from Detroit and has been skating all his life. I think the Snyder plate a bit heavy so I'm going to try a modern plate. Chris says never to switch from Snyders. He employs huge toe stops. I'm going to cut mine down even more. I identify with Antonio in skating style.

Last edited by Charles; 02-13-2022 at 01:39 AM.