View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 10:19 PM

Default BDP3/BDA3 Qobuz Update

Well, a week for so ago I took the lock off the wallet and went for a one year subscription. It is pretty amazing at what one can find.

Although the sound quality can vary, for the very most part it is very good. As CLeeds mentioned in my original thread, "Spooky Good." Testing a little A to B with AIFF rips of CDs, it can be indistinguishable and at times Qobuz is a bit better. One of the most surprising references here is a "Master Gold" rip of Cream's Disraeli Gears. Something I have heard 100's or perhaps a 1000 times in the past 50+ years. Yes, it's from 1967 but the Qobuz had an edge.

The standard Bryston app works well but the I do prefer the "prettier" interface of the Qobuz app. But... the BDP3 sound is so much better than the laptop!!! Needless to say, the laptop is out of the streaming picture. Perhaps there may be a ROON thing down the road?

In closing, if Qobuz is available I encourage you to give it a try. You can register an account and have access totally free. It will only allow listening to 30 seconds of each song at at very compressed rates but you'll get the drift of what it is on your system.

Last edited by John Jordan; 09-02-2020 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Typo.