View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
Doug, nicely done!

Passthru wiring is correct. 1/8" stereo cable. You'll have to program the C 2700 to use unbalanced input #2 as the passthru input.

Power Triggers to 601's are correct. 1/8" stereo cable.

I have a love-hate relationship with my Logitech. Yes, you can control it - you may have to try several different McIntosh models and manually capture some of the IR codes.

Sub won't work for 2 channel. If the sub has multiple inputs then you could use one of the unused C 2700 outputs to drive it, making sure you turn off that feed when using the preamp in passthru. Or, if your sub has speaker level inputs then you can hook it up (with great care!) to the 601's. You would also end up having to run a separate LFE signal to the sub from the AVR or run the mains as large and run LFE into them.

Depending on the vintage of your HT receiver, you could run the OppO 7.1 channel analog into the HT receiver. For example my McIntosh MX 151 won't decode the latest audio formats, but the OppO will, so I use the 7.1 channel analog connection.
Thanks Tom for all the valuable information. It’s good to know I seem to have a handle on passthru and triggers. I’ve been running the 601’s currently this way from the sr7012.

It’s good to hear the Logitech should still work. I’ve had great luck with the Logitech up to this point. It’s a wife saver if you know what I mean. It’s unfortunate Logitech has decided to drop its remote line. I thought about picking an extra one up just in case but I’m not sure if they will continue with the web interface.

The sub area is going to require some investigating work on my part. I have a velodyne minivee10 which has line-level AND speaker-level connects but I want to be positive about the wiring before I try it. The last thing I want is to damage pre-amp, amps or speakers. If you don’t mind I might be asking you more about the sub later. Eventually I want to move up to a pair of Rel subs. One step at a time.

When I first got my OppO I ran 5.1 analog with hdmi straight to TV because my older av receiver couldn’t handle the latest codes but the sr7012 does all that I need.

2-Channel
McIntosh C2700, (2X)MC601, MEN220 Lampizator Baltic 3
Sonore opticalRendu, SGC sonicTransporter i5 (Gen 3), Roon Thorens TT TD318
B&W 803D3 JL Audio (2x)f110v2
Shunyata Denali/S v2, Alpha v2 PCs, WW Gold/Silver Eclipse Interconnects, Platinum USB

Whole House Music Listening
Bluesound Vault2i, PowerNode2, PulseMini2i, Pulse2, (3x)Flex
5.2 System Above using Passthru
Marantz SR7012
Oppo 205, Apple TV (4th gen), Sony XBR850e65
B&W HTM2 D3
Second 5.1 System Castoffs from Upgrades
LRC Paradigm Millenia 20, Velodyne MiniVee 10, KEF surrounds, DefTech AW6500