View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 05:17 PM

Moving on to 2018. My DCD A-100 is crapping out. Like others, I bought the unit after the 100th anniversary had passed and got a big discount on it. (I also picked up the DL A-100 MC cart for a song as well)

It's a very good player, but it started skipping on hybrid SACD's. Now it's getting fussy reading redbook CD's as well. Just before the 5 year warranty expired, I contacted Denon to set up a warranty service on it. My customer service experience was nothing short of abysmal. Denon had absolutely no record that they ever made a DCD A1-100 (I am not kidding about that). Finally, the rep just gave me a service authorization number and told me to box it up and send to their New York facility. I was so underwhelmed by the whole experience that I didn't send it in. Now the warranty has expired and it's skipping as bad as ever.

I'm concerned the mecha unit needs to be replaced and those are pretty costly. I'm thinking of bringing it in to my local repair shop. If it can't be fixed on the cheap I'll probably just replace it with an OPPO UDP 205.

Denon and I have hit a dead end in our relationship.