Thread: Int-25
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2021, 08:44 AM
Retired

Thanks, all. Unfortunately, 'tis a long wait.

Am also a fan of Nelson's work. A big part of that is his use of vertical FETs (developed by NEC and used by Sony & Yamaha back in the late 70's - early 80's, my 'screen name' alludes to the Yamaha B-2 VFET amp I used for many years). Nelson developed the guiding principles for amps with no degeneration and feels that is the reason the 25wpc INT-25 & XA25 class A pieces work so well on so many speakers.

Another reason I've given much thought to the INT-25 & XA25 is the fact that Neson is using only two power device (each rated at 700watts & 40amps) per channel. To my ears, the best sounding amps I've used over the years have always been those that use only two output devices (Bryston's unfortunately no longer offered 2B-LP and tube amps with only two tubes per channel). These amps have always provided a speed & clarity that the use of additional output devices seems to blur, for a lack of a better term. From the reviews I've read, there have been quite a few, most folks find the INT-25 & XA25 to offer these attributes.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 12-12-2021 at 08:56 AM.