View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 04:25 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80B View Post
Stephen,
I had to look that one up - I experienced some serious cognitive dissonance with seeing such a high-end name as Pass along with your description of a kit amp. How cool is that!!! Good for Nelson!

Glad you enjoyed not only the build but the sound. Audio kits are very cool - my mechanical engineer wife and I enjoyed building a Triode tube integrated amp a number of years ago and we learned a lot. Look forward to your further impressions.
Yes, Nelson came up with a design for Class A amp back in 2016 for the Burning Amp festival held every fall in San Francisco. The get-together was dubbed Amp Camp, and everyone who attended got to build and leave with their own amp. Hence, AmpCamp Amp.

The latest version of the AmpCamp Amp aka ACA is a revised build referred to as v1.8.

This design is pretty cool as you can run it as a stereo amp, or...bridged or parallel monoblocks.

Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.