View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdvidguy View Post
I had a full Naim system with Linn LP 12 turntable including top of the line arm and cartage. The sound was awesome, but my house was not forgiving. If you walked around, the turntable would bounce. Now I have a very powerful sub, so guessing the same would happen unless of course I don't run the sub in two channel mode. I've always wanted to try a good turntable again since I have some extremely rare records you cannot get in digital.
The Linn LP 12 turntable is legiondary. I have heard nothing but great things about its sound. To be honest, I got back into vinyl both out of boredom and the desire to play my many Albums before its too late. I just got back from lunch and I played a Genesis album I own that is in mint condition. I wish to allay your fears and let you know these newer turntables don't have the problem with the tonearm bouncing. The Rega has these feet that obviously eliminates that problem. I can jump up and down and the table does not bounce and skip. Before I got the Rega, I had a new Pro-ject Debut EVO, and it too, did not bounce. The only reason I returned it is that it hummed excessively to the point you could not hear the music. I sent it back and decided to upgrade to the Rega and get a moving coil cartridge. It is still breaking in. If you have a record collection, its something to consider particularly if you own a unit with a good analog stage. I remember considering throwing away my entire record collection. I am glad I came to my senses.