View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
In college,I collected records from places of employment, radio stations, and the Record Bar. I have about 1,500 maybe less. I don't know but I have a lot. So, now is the time for me to play them before my hearing diminishes.Thankfully, my albums are in pristine condition. My propensity for being a record collector back in the day is really paying off. There is really something to analog if you have full range 2 channel speakers. The bass is a given, but a sax cymbal, voice, anything approaching mid to high frequencies is sweet to the ears.I guess Thomas Edison wins.
I had a full Naim system with Linn LP 12 turntable including top of the line arm and cartage. The sound was awesome, but my house was not forgiving. If you walked around, the turntable would bounce. Now I have a very powerful sub, so guessing the same would happen unless of course I don't run the sub in two channel mode. I've always wanted to try a good turntable again since I have some extremely rare records you cannot get in digital.

Last edited by hdvidguy; 01-26-2021 at 11:38 AM.