View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
Huh! And now they are coming out with eARC. And all this for the sound bar?
eARC was in fact invented to allow the television to output all the uncompressed codecs to sound bars and AV receivers. The original questioner asked how people watch Netflix with the SP3 and my answer was I use optical. I use the optical input on the SP3 from my Sony 65A9G. I don't use Netflix for critical sound and movie watching due to compression. I'd buy the blu-ray or 4kUHD blu-ray. The fact that the SP3 does not accommodate eARC does not diminish its sonic prowess. You don't buy an SP3 chasing codecs and features. You buy the SP3 for pure unadulterated sound. I just added a Bryston phono pre-amp and power supply to my SP3, the BP-2 and the PS3. I played some LPs from a cheap Techniques turntable and it got my interest until the motor died. Now I'm waiting on a new Rega P6 with a moving coil cartridge. I don't care about eARC as I lean more towards high fidelity. My turntable will be completely manual not semi-automatic or automatic because I want to get the maximum sound from my Bryston combo. If one needs eARC, they need to buy one of those products listed that has that feature as that is your priority. Don't blast the SP3 for not having that feature, but rather blast the SP3 if its sound is not better than the products you listed with eARC.

Last edited by gbaby; 01-27-2021 at 11:00 PM.