View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 07:59 PM

I also use Roon, as well as reviews in various publications and FM and internet radio to find new music. It’s out there, you just have to put in a little effort and have an open mind. I don’t mean to disparage anyone’s taste in music, but even in the 60s I thought most of the music that was popular on the radio was derivative and not worth the time - remember the term “bubblegum music”? To my mind, the late 70s and 80s had some of the worst popular music, and since 90s it’s only gotten better. But just like then, a lot of the popular music is crap and you have to seek out the good stuff from the lesser known artists. Use Roon Radio, listen to your local college radio station, watch NPR Tiny Desk Concerts, check out Bandcamp and New West Records, and I’m sure there are other sources.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2