View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagman View Post
I have to admit, regardless of how smitten I was during the extensive interviews, there was occasionally a touch of brightness that bothered me. So I was a bit unsettled with my decision after ordering them two weeks ago.

So let me say off the top, any brightness I had encountered at the dealers was not to be heard in my home.

From the very first notes emitted the clarity and feathery highs amazed me. The transparency I heard was among the best I've heard. I've heard a lot of very good speakers. One of the last speakers on my list were the Wilson Sabrina's and Sasha's. I like that sound. What I wasn't as prepared for was the incredibly full, taut and energetic bass. Very very nice. Punchy without a hint of bloat.

Another term I didn't expect to use in defining these speakers is smooth and sweet. But boy are they ever...smooth and sweet!

They played all with great composure while being very, very ,fast, crisp and lively. Amazing! I rarely have offered my thoughts on new speakers in this much detail, but after what I have heard today, I felt compelled to share my enthusiasm for the Electra 1038be. These are very special speakers. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to experience extremely fast, crisp, accurate speakers. I think this is going to be a long love affair. Oh yeah..pics are coming.
Thanks for the update. Congrats and happy for you.
I can't stress it enough to do give them >500 hr of break-in (last few hundred hours is mainly for the tweeters) despite your very positive initial impressions. My experience has been that there'd be ups and downs during the break-in. Wholeheartedly agree 1038's not only sound great, they look awesome. I have them in basalt.

Last edited by kzhtoo; 09-22-2015 at 11:33 PM.