View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGM411 View Post
It has been a few years since I made my decision to buy the Aerial Model 7T and there is not a day that I am disappointed. There is a rare day when I don't listen to them and smile.

Prior to my decision to buy Aerial Model 7t, I listened to Focals 1038, Wilson sophias, and several of the Vienna series of speakers.

I kept going back to Aerial. I purchased my first high(er) end stereo system back in November 1979 while attending the University of Illinois. While I was auditioning new speakers and a new stereo, I returned to the audio dealer who sold me my first system which was abou five years ago. My oldest kid was a student at UIllinois and on a whim, i went to visit his store.... 30 years later. My long time audio dealer told me that the Aerial model 7t's were the best sounding speaker he had ever heard for a speaker under $10K.

And they keep getting better. Michael Kelly is a great speaker builder.

Aesthetically, these speakers are outstanding!!!! I am a woodworker and the fit and finish on these speakers are superb!

Good luck with your decision. If you choose Aerial 7t's I couldn't imagine you being disappointed.

all the best
Thank you Joe. I appreciate your input. It's really between the Focal 1038be's and the 7T's and I'm going to decide tomorrow! There's a lot I like about the Focals. The treble hasn't been harsh anywhere close to all the time, just occasionally with certain recordings. Harder is that haven't heard the 7T's, but continue to get rave reviews from owners. I do love the look of them and in the past have enjoyed very musical speakers. I don't want to give up high resolution and definition though. I hear no worries there with the 7T's.