View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
What about the Harmony app from the app store? I'm a Harmony 1000 user myself and will soon be using a iPad to control a Bryston BDP-2 that I plan on purchasing later this year and I just stumbled onto this app today while doing a web search. Is anyone familiar with the apple Harmony app? Is it as capable as the 1000/1100 remotes were? i.e.controlling as many devices at a time, macro support, etc. You certainly get a much larger screen by running it from a iPad.
when used with a Harmony hub, it works well. I control two different rooms, each with different av setups, and with Bluray, Directv, Roku, Apple TV and AVR. I tend to use the handheld remote more, simply because it's easy to leave on the arm of my chair and grab for quick volume or channel changes, but the app will certainly do it all including full on and off sequences, switching automatically between sources, etc.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2