Thread: Sabrina X
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Hi Serge..I spent about 30 minutes listening to the Sabrina X down at Hifi Buys last week...It's a neat little speaker, sounded VERY smooth and coherent. They had it hooked up to a pretty basic system, the new NAD integrated that's gotten some press, but it wasn't an expensive system by any means. Vocals were very smooth, not a lot of low bass in their setup. My only criticism from what I heard (and this is only due to size, not quality) is that the musical presentation was very small.......the image probably reached about 4 ft. high max and wasn't the most expansive soundstage, but again, it is a very small speaker to begin with. For what it did I enjoyed it.

- Buck
Thanks for the feedback Buck. I spent a good hour or more listening to a pair of Sabrinas driven by VTL gear and setup properly. The soundstage was typical Wilson, expansive, wide, deep and with great focus and well fleshed out holographic images. Height wise I don’t recall anything specific or out of norm.

I was very much moved by the Sabrinas. Back in the day I spent time with Sophia and Sophia 2’s in my own system before moving on to Sasha and Alexias but man, they were fun speakers. Sabrina struck me as a very tuneful speaker that brought the bottom end into play extremely well. The upper bass and lower mids very superb with tubes and especially male vocals I thought. The Sabrina seemed to bring out dynamic contrast with ease, even from a tube amp and seemed to add lots of “meat to the bones of the music” which I like without sounding bloated or sluggish. The tweeter was superb for my taste and slightly diminished hearing range above 15Khz anyways which is quite normal for a guy in his 50’s....

Just a very tuneful, fun and easy to listen to speaker. I’d love to hear the newer X version to compare but could easily live with the now older Sabrina.

I’m not really looking to replace my speakers but one never knows