View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Anderson View Post
I've been known to divide the actual price by 5.
This something my father told me when I was about 17. Never tell the truth about how much it really cost. Words to live by.

My wife has been involved in every audio purchase I have made. As I've survedyed the gear I have (both in use and in mothballs) I don't see anything that I sneaked into the house.

I did, however, buy a new hunting rifle without her knowledge and tried to sneak that into the house. We were young then and didn't have much money for offhand purchases like this. I got busted and she was super pissed off about it. Took two or three days and things finally settled down.

When I brought home the first deer I shot with it and said, "See! This is going to pay for itself in the long run." She took one bite of the venison (that I had professionally butchered), spit it out and never ate venison again.

That was over 40 years ago!

I still have the rifle. Ruger M77 in 30.06. (Should have bought the .270 model)
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)