View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeau View Post
From @Petronius:
1. A" sub" is necessary for music ,even if one has "full range" speakers, primarily because the room modes on low bass. Being able to move the "subs" is to get the best performance from an audio system.
So True! I believed that my WA X1s provided all the bass that would be needed in a large living room but wanted to try REL Gs to help with nodes. J Hunter, through a sales person, advised 25s and I followed their recommendation. I don't think there is 'more'
low frequencies BUT suddenly their is clarity, definition, and sound staging that i didn't was in the recording or stream. The objectional 'nodes' are insignificant now.
A much more satisfying solution than room treatments even though setup is as critical.
I also read about the benefit of adding one or preferably 2 subs so that all your speakers would become true full range. I like REL approach using high level connection, and am thinking about adding 2 @ 212/SX or 2 Carbon Special
Amps: Mc611s; Bryston 9BST Speakers: B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, B&W SCMs, 2x REL Carbon Special + Analysis Plus REL SpeakOn cable; Pre-Amp: C2700; Processor: Marantz 8805A Sources: Aurender N20; PSA Directstream DAC; JVC RS2000; Stewart Screen Cabaret with StudioTek 130 G4; Oppo UDP-205; Power & Cables: Taralabs bi-wire; WW XLR Silver Eclipse 8; WW Silver Starlight 7 Coax; Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha, Delta and Venom.