View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Pete View Post
I like the MDA1000 so much, that now I have two!
I haven't posted in awhile. I read here much more than post.

There was a thread started on here many years ago, asking to post your biggest regrets in Audio. I posted it was me selling the MDA1000. I got caught in the "latest" gadgetry and USB...this and that....

The MDA sound was so far from digital... opposite of "clinical". I have contemplated many times to get it back. However, I believe some time ago I emailed McIntosh about getting parts for it if it ever failed. I didn't get the rosy response I wanted.

I've had my share of McIntosh over 18 years. The MDA1000 impressed me the most. I really wish they would re-release this gem again with very few changes of the design.

Pete.....are you familiar with what McIntosh can do if the unit malfunctions? Maybe I'm just too paranoid and worried I'd be stuck with a brick.

I went through a couple of Brystons and an NAD Masters series DAC. The Masters series was very detailed. It was great for showing off, but when I would sit back by myself to enjoy.....I didn't fall in love with the music.

The two Brystons either didn't mate well with my speakers or something....I never did like those.

I have the Yggy with the latest upgrades I believe. The downside of this DAC is that it HAS to stay on all the times and the USB source has to be feeding into it at all times. I have found a way for my PC to feed it a signal off the hard drive at all times while the stereo is off. When I turn the system on....it sounds great. To turn this unit on after being cold....really sounds poor. It would lose to many shootouts unless was warmed up for several days. Just my opinion.....

jc
McIntosh C48 McIntosh MC1201's McIntosh MC275 MonoBlocked X4 McIntosh MC250 X2 McIntosh MC7104 Classic Bob Crites Cornscala DBX Venu360 Technics SL-1200MK2PK Klipsch KP-600s Concert system Schiit Yggdrasil Klipsch Cinema KPT-684's modified Custom PC music player

Last edited by jwc; 10-24-2022 at 03:39 AM.