View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 01:24 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willief23 View Post
I currently have a Furutech GTX D gold outlet . Looks like its time to upgrade to the Copperconn outlet since im about to get either a Shunyata Delta v2 NR or Alpha NR v2 for my Oppo 203. some of you might suggest the Venom V14 Digital PC for the Oppo 203 but I have quite a bit of upgrades done to it. Upgraded linear power supply, a few upgraded caps, furutech iec inlet with bybee inline filters, both chips (clocks) upgraded, bybee music rail on main chip, and Audio Magic blackout paint used on most caps and a few other parts to further reduce emi/rfi. I read in one of the other Shunyata posts that if you have an upgraded power supply you will benefit more from a Delta v2/Alpha v2 NR cord over the venom v14 digital cord.
Not necessarily and...it depends. The Venom V14D was specifically designed for components whose signal path resides completely in the digital domain, i.e., digitial in->digital out. It has a somewhat different NR filter in it specifically for these "digital domain" applications. My advice would be to rent in both a Venom V14D and a Delta V2 and see what works best for your specific application.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.