View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 05:15 PM

Default Hello from Birmingham

Hello all,

I’m Jon from Birmingham, AL. Roll Tide! I periodically visit AudioAficionado as a guest, but now I would like to join the conversation.

I have joined this site to keep up on the latest in audio development, as a source to understand technical aspects of my gear and to assist me with troubleshooting. I also believe I can contribute to this forum mostly from my experience with numerous tube and solid state purchases including 7 Audio Research products leading to my current Reference 250 monoblocks.

My interest in audio started as a child with my parents Marantz/Advent system, went dormant through a very busy medical/surgical training and early employment, and was rekindled 10 years ago after subscribing to Stereophile magazine through my son’s school fundraiser.

My hobbies outside of listening include playing bass guitar, traveling, hiking, mountain biking, bourbon collecting (occasional pour &#128521, drones, and work-related robotics in surgery.

I do have several technical questions regarding a recent upgrade from Audio Research Ref 150 stereo amp to the Ref 250 monoblocks, but they can wait until I can create a new post.

Happy listening!

MAIN SYSTEM
Preamplifier: Audio Research Reference 5SE
Amplifier: Audio Research Reference 250 monoblocks
Source: PS Audio Perfect Wave DSD with Bridge II
Power: PS Audio P10 Power Plant
Speakers: Thiel Audio CS3.6