View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 05:59 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by clpetersen View Post
Blue Jeans uses Belden, more or less the industry standard. Below is a good link to various cable designs -- fast read.

I would be cautious about the power conditioner if your antennae/cable is already properly grounded to the house ground. Try and see. The conditioner cannot be better at rejecting extraneous frequencies/noise than the tuner itself, otherwise it would be a tuner.

I would increase the length of the first cable sufficient that it can reach directly to the tuner to keep your options open.

https://www.kusc.org/wp-content/uplo...eception-1.pdf
I'd been looking at the 1694A Belden they offer, then saw your post, which prompted me to e-mail Blue Jeans. They confirmed the choice. And they, too, don't recommend filtering the signal through a power conditioner.

Now I have to decide whether I'll relocate the antenna, as that determines the length of the cable. Or I could just get the 25ft length (way too long for where the antenna is now), and deal with the excess slack if the antenna remains in place. One experiment is to relocate tuner and antenna to what seems to be the only other place they could go in my room to see if that yields better results. That setup, however, involves some effort and creates logistical problems as the antenna would displace some items I have nowhere else to put. I'll have to think about this one.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks