View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 12:56 AM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson View Post
Hi Bill, Appreciate your comments. Can you give an indication of the improvement the Acoustic Diodes add to the SabrinaXs? 10%, 70% etc? If it is meaningful, I'm there as I don't want to do a trial (which would have the dealer come back to my home) and would just rather get it "done right" to begin with. Thanks again.
I certainly understand your desire to avoid a trial. However, I really do believe that you should hear the difference for yourself. Most Wilson dealers have some demo speakers with Acoustic Diodes, a few have them on every Wilson they have on display. Clearly they feel that they are more than cost effective. But as always it is your personal choice.

I would never, ever, under any conditions assign a percentage number to a system change - for any product. Your % and my % are likely quite different because of what we value/how we listen/ different experiences. I just find percentages more misleading than clarifying.

For fun, here's what a couple of the first reviewers had to say about the diodes as an add on.

"The new Wilson Acoustic Diode isn’t an optional device; it’s an essential one. It dramatically lowers the noise floor, both boosting dynamics and revealing previously obscured musical details."

Jacob Heilbrunn, TAS

"The Acoustic Diode is a product of Daryl Wilson's restless audio soul (along with the Pedestal, which continues to impress), but it's also one that builds on his dad's forward-thinking design work and does so in ways that are easy to hear. If you have a pair of speakers you love, from Wilson Audio or especially another maker, a set of Acoustic Diodes is an all-gain refinement to their sound."

Mark Mickelson, The Audio Beat

You'll enjoy your SabrinaX whichever way you go. You can always add them later - or not.