View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I don't think that Mac is going to update the 2102 or the 2301. If you are waiting for either you will be disappointed. My Mac friend who is a senior engineer at Mac says there is no electrical or mechanical reason for a bridged MC275 sounding worse than the stereo version. In practical terms the bridged mono version provides more watts and you need those extra watts with many speakers. However, the best solution is to buy a MC1502 which is a thoroughly updated Mac all tube design.
I agree that those upgrades are unlikely. I would love an MC1502 powering a pair of Wilson Sashas or Alexias, but my wife insists on small speakers and hidden amps. There's no way I can hide an MC1502--too big, too much heat. I am thinking about putting an MC275 on either of my Salamander cabinet, but probably kind of over the top for my TuneTots...