View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumhorn View Post
Thanks! I failed to notice the lack of balanced outputs on the SA-12SE. I chose the SA-10 over the Ruby because I wanted that last bit of performance.

I do wonder whether this presages the announcement of a full-blown SA-12 replacement for the SA-10. I hope I won't be kicking myself in 2 months for not having waited...
One of the only component differences I saw in the SA-12SE is the use of HDAM 3 circuits vs HDAM and HDAM 2 in the SA-10. I have no idea if the different iterations of HDAM indicate different quality or if they just have different uses.

I think the SA-10 will have another 1-2 years of being the top of the line. The previous SA-11S3 had about a 5 year run and the SA-10 came out about 2017.

I doubt you'll regret the SA-10 once you hear it, even if they do something next year. It's really great!

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables