View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncha View Post
I have the Meze Empyrean which I bought from Ivan about 8 weeks ago and I couldn't be more pleased with the purchase. My search began with a focus on comfort. For some reason I am very sensitive to the feel of headphones and for me it would be impossible to enjoy any unit regardless of sound quality if it were the least bit uncomfortable. So the quest was for the best feel combined with high quality sound and review opinions clustered around the Meze. Prior to these I was using the Sennheiser HD800 which is very comfortable but the sound is too bright for my taste and lacking in lower registers. The Empyreans are just what I had hoped for as they are very comfy to the point where you're barely aware of them. The sound has a smooth balanced gradation from bass to treble and a large soundstage, though not as big as the HD800. The bass is especially impressive. I don't have an extensive experience with headphones but it's hard to imagine anybody who would not find these delightful.
Besides the obvious, the agreeable sonic signature/voicing of the headphone, comfort is indeed one of the top priorities. Especially if extended listening sessions are planned or expected. I listen for hours at a time and unreasonably heavy or uncomfortable headphones are out of the question. Good to know the Empyrean design has taken that into account as well. I had no doubt that would be the case as Meze seems to have covered every aspect of what design parameters are important in a state of the art headphone.