View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justubes View Post
I am limited to comparing clock cable, Sigma v1 and v2.

The V2 are definately heading in a new direction of SQ from my earlier trial of shunyata cables.

The Shunyatas have always been slightly on the mellow warmism side of things till the Sigma clock cable which has done away with more warm and hit the a nice balance for me.

The V2 certainly have taken things a step or 2 forward in the the overall more consise path over the whole frequency range, which is a good thing.

So yes, i can say it is better in all areas.

I particularily like the great focus and deeper bass, though this more linear presentation has taken away for me, a tad or musicality on certain tracks. Yes, the V1 has more midrange fullness and richness, always pleasing highs and cast a larger though more diffused staging (if this is anything to go with consistency of the sonic character over the whole range of cables and and i cannot say as i have not compared other types of cables. The v2 does bring reveal more, as when hotter recordings start to sound little edgy and one hears more flaws, which can be view as a good thing as the v2 reveals more.

It is a tossup for me, liking both, as much as they have similarities, they are also very different in terms of sonic presentation.

The vocals of the v1 was almost spot on for me, adding mre v1 had the best vocal performance for me, but things start to sound overly calm and less exciting.

The V2 are always more exciting with a much superior deep bass and rythm, however the vocal and midrange texture has cleaned up quite a fair bit. Totally different

The presentation of just 1 V2 has a rather stong effect on the overall system presentation as i try to balance it, adding the old v1 back in a different location has not skewed the balance back towards the V1 sound. Whereever i insert the V2, the sonic presentation has been rather dominant.

I am thinking maye the Alpha V2 might strike the balance for me, sonically n betwwen the Sigma V1 and V2.
How many hours constant running do you have on the V2s at this point?